Music executives from various top worldwide music labels will be offering their expertise to writers and producers who were exclusively chosen to participate in the Merge Songwriting Camp. Each day the writers and producers will be given writing tasks via video conference calls with music executives to discuss label priorities and what major artist(s) they will be crafting for each day.
- Monsters and Strangerz who have written and produced hit songs such as “Tonight I’m getting over you” by Carly Rae Jepson, “No Love Allowed” by Rihanna, and “It was always you” by Maroon 5.
- Jason Evigan who wrote and produced, “ Heart Attack” by Demi Lovato and “Talk Dirty” by Jason Derulo.
- Ian Kirkpatrick will be there who produced the hit song “Animal” by Neon Trees.
- Chloe Angelides who wrote, “Burning Up” by Jessie J featuring 2chainz.
- Xplicit who wrote, “Clique” by Kanye West.
- Sean Douglas who wrote, “Wiggle” by Jason Derulo.
- Taylor Parks who wrote “Boss” by X Factor winners Fifth Harmony.
- Sterling Fox who wrote and produced the radio hit “Stereo hearts” by Gym Class Heroes.
- Adam Baptiste who wrote “Walking on Air” by Katy Perry.
- Talay Riley who wrote, “Bounce” by Iggy Azalea.
- Jordan Evans who produced the song “Pound Cake” by Drake.
- Matthew Burnett who produced Eminem’s track “Not Afraid”.
- Simon Wilcox who wrote the single “Jealous” by Nick Jonas.
- Chantal Kreviazuk who wrote “Rich Girl” by Gwen Stefani.
- xSDTRK who wrote and produced “Sweet Talker” by Jessie J
- Stephen Kozmeniuk who produced “MDNA” by Madonna.
The confirmed executives that will be attending this workshop/and or videoconferencing include: Craig Kallman, Chairman/CEO of Atlantic Records, John Janick, Chairman/CEO of Interscope Records, Keith Naftaly, Executive Vice President & Head of A&R, Jason Flom, CEO Lava Records, Avery Lipman- President/COO Republic Records, Nick Raphael, President Capitol Records UK, Ted Cockl, President Virgin UK, Ferdy Unger Hamilton, President Polydor UK, Colin Barlow, President RCA UK, Ben Cook- President Atlantic UK.
About 1916 Enterprises:
1916 Enterprises is an innovative multi-media entertainment company aimed at helping creative individuals and entrepreneurs to build their careers and businesses.
1916 was founded by entrepreneurs Lex Borrero and Jonathan Gordon in early 2013. The Los Angeles based company has over 15 years of experience in writer/producer management and music publishing. Their clients have sold over 100 million records and have worked with acts such as Rihanna, Kanye West, Maroon 5, JLO, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, Big Sean, T.I, Lana Del Ray, Avicii and many more. www.1916mgmt.com.
About Nettwerk One Music:
Nettwerk One Music is a proactive, international multi-faceted music publishing company. Our goal is to develop and promote high calibre songwriters by seeking as many opportunities as possible in order to expose their work to the world.http://www.nettwerk.com.
About Black Box Music:
Black Box Music is home to a diverse roster of recording artists including multi-Platinum sellers, Juno Award winners & Polaris Short-List nominees such Classified, The Glorious Sons, Shad, SonReal & Northcote. The company’s interests include a record label, management firm and most recently has expanded to include a publishing operation. With multiple international placements, and three top-5 radio singles within the last year, Black Box Music is representing next wave of great artists, songwriters and producers. http://weareblackbox.com.